Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Gorgonzola & Cranberry are a stunning side dish. Easy, healthy and so flavorful! Make this recipe your signature holiday dish.
Some very brave friends of ours started our Thanksgiving meals early this year when they invited all of their friends with kids to a pre-holiday feast. Over a dozen kids under the age of five generated a cacophony that made "11" sound like the mewing of a newborn kitten. Amidst the blur of preschoolers there were moments of delightful adult conversation, many glasses of crimson Cabernet, and more than one vote for leaving the kids with sitters next year.
Everyone brought side dishes to accompany the perfectly roasted turkey prepared by our hosts. It was a no-brainer for me to bring something featuring those gorgeous Farmstr Brussels. I only used a small portion of a gorgonzola cheese wedge making that Brussels Sprout hash. To make this super simple festive side dish I tossed the sprouts in the oven to roast, grabbed what remained of the tangy fromage, a package of dried cranberries, and a lemon then tossed everything together before scooting out the door. It is hard not to love a dish that is easy to make, looks striking on a buffet table, and does a little funky cha-cha in your mouth.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Gorgonzola & Cranberry
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts halved
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 ounce gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest – about ½ a large lemon
- Set oven rack to the center and preheat oven to 425. Rinse, trim and halve your sprouts then toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper. Turn the sprouts on to a baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. You may need an additional pan if the sprouts are on the larger side.
- Roast the sprouts for 10 minutes, before giving them a quick stir and continue to roast for an additional 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them for the final 10 minutes – they should have a nice amount of color but remove if they begin to burn.
- Scoop the hot sprouts into a large serving dish and toss with the cranberries and crumbled cheese. Top everything with a generous sprinkling of lemon zest. Serve warm.