Toasted peanut butter stuffed tortillas are a healthy mom - approved recipe kid's will love!
A Healthy Swap
Very ripe bananas are an excellent way to replace some, or all the sugar in a recipe. During the warm summer months our bananas often ripen faster than we can eat them. I find myself adding banana to all sorts of recipes.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Tortillas are one of my favorite quick & easy recipes using very ripe bananas. And my kids LOVE them!
Beyond Sliced Bread
Tortillas can be a fun way to add some variety to the usual lunch routine. Instead of bread, add your favorite sandwich fillings to a whole wheat tortilla then serve cold or toasted.
Less Sugar but Just as Sweet
Try replacing your kids' peanut butter and jelly with a peanut butter-banana stuffed tortilla. The natural sugar in the ripe banana will give the stuffed tortilla that sweetness they crave from jam without the extra sugar.
Aren't your kiddos sweet enough already? ;)
Plus, toasting these stuffed tortillas turns the peanut butter filling so ooey-gooey delicious they might forget about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all together.
It could happen.
Back-to-school is a great time to collect some new easy food ideas. If you are looking to jazz up your recipe box I highly recommend saving these peanut butter-banana stuffed tortillas.
As a breakfast, lunch, after-school or late-night snack - you'll want to have this easy recipe handy!
Peanut Butter-Banana Stuffed Tortillas
- 1 large very ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter recommend crunchy
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 8 in whole wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoon honey use when your banana is less ripe
- Stir together the mashed banana, peanut butter, and cinnamon (include honey if using).
- Divide the mixture between 4 tortillas and spread to cover half the surface. Fold the tortillas in half to make 4 half circles.
- Place the tortillas, 2 at a time, in a wide skillet over medium heat. Toast until the bottom turns lightly golden, flip and toast on the other side. Set aside then repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Cut each stuffed tortilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm